Prescott’s Microbiology is one of the common books used for microbiology. this book is organized in a very balanced way which appropriately covers all the aspects of microbiology. this book is very easy to understand and it contains many examples and case studies that are very useful for the students. The book also contains some useful information about the importance of microbiology in various fields like the food industry, environment, medical science, etc. This book is one of the best books that I have ever come across. The author has made an effort to provide all the information that is required by the students. The author has tried to provide all the information in a very simple manner. this book is well illustrated with different pictures and figures which are very helpful for the students. The book also contains a glossary which is very useful for the students.
till now there are a lot of editions of Prescott’s Microbiology have been published. Here we have uploaded the latest edition of Prescott’s Microbiology on our website. which have many new contents, diagrams, flow charts, and tables.
Pros of Prescott’s Microbiology PDF
Prescott’s Microbiology PDF is very beneficial for medical students. here are some of the advantages of Prescott’s Microbiology PDF.
- The book is written in a very short and concise way.
- It covers all the aspects of microbiology.
- The author gives any references for the contents of the book.
- The chapters are very brief and the explanation is detailed.
- it is a good book to learn and understand the basics of microbiology.
- It covers the most important areas of microbiology in a simple and easy way.
- It is the best book to study microbiology.
- it has a very useful index at the end of the book.
- it is also available in other languages like Spanish, German, and French.
Cons of Prescott’s Microbiology PDF
There isn’t such a disadvantage of Prescott’s Microbiology PDF besides this it is written with very comprehensive vocabulary. One of the drawbacks also is that it is an old book and it isn’t available that commonly in all markets except in some special places.
In this post, we explained the drawbacks and benefits of Prescott’s Microbiology PDF and provided you with the best textbook. Besides, we also shared the best practice guidelines for using it in your laboratory. We hope that you would have a clear idea about the use of this book and would apply the same to your practice. Note: This is an excerpt from our book, “Microbiology: A Concise Guide to the Practice of Microbiology”. It has been written by our Editor-in-Chief, Dr Ajit K. Nair.