There are many different surgical textbooks on the market, but few are as well-respected and popular as Bailey and Love’s Surgery. First published in 1927, this text has been updated regularly to reflect the latest advances in surgical techniques. The 27th edition was published in 2015 and is available as a PDF. Whether you’re a medical student or an experienced surgeon, Bailey and Love’s Surgery is a must-have resource.
Chapters in Bailey and Love’s Surgery book PDF
- General principles
- Basic sciences relevant to the surgery
- Preoperative considerations
- Operative techniques
- Postoperative management
- Intensive care
- Pain management
- Specialized surgery
- Pediatric surgery
- Organ transplantation
- Surgical oncology
- Vascular surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Genitourinary surgery
- Divisions in book
Bailey and Love’s Surgery book PDF is divided into the following sections:
General principles, Basic sciences relevant to surgery, Preoperative Considerations, Operative techniques, Postoperative management, Intensive care, and Specialty-specific surgery.
- The first section, General Principles, covers the basics of surgical care, including wound healing, infection control, and pain management.
- The second section, Basic sciences relevant to Surgery, covers the anatomy and physiology relevant to the surgery.
- The third section, Preoperative Considerations, covers the important aspects of preoperative planning and patient preparation.
- The fourth section, Operative Techniques, covers a wide range of surgical procedures.
- The fifth section, Postoperative management, covers the important aspects of postoperative care.
- The sixth section, Intensive care, covers the principles of intensive care medicine relevant to the surgery.
- The seventh section, Specialty-specific surgery, covers the specific surgical techniques and considerations relevant to each surgical speciality.
Author of Bailey and Love’s Surgery book PDF
The 27th edition of Bailey and Love’s Surgery was edited by Norman Williams, Ian Jackson, and Andrew McCaskie.
Norman Williams is a world-renowned surgeon and academic. He is the President of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and the Past President of the International Society of Surgery.
The University of Edinburgh has a professor of surgery named Ian Jackson. He is a world-renowned expert in gastrointestinal surgery.
Andrew McCaskie is a professor of surgery at the University of Aberdeen. He is an expert in orthopaedic surgery.
The target audience for Bailey and Love’s Surgery book PDF. Bailey and Love’s Surgery book PDF is targeted toward surgeons, medical students, and other healthcare professionals.
Benefits of reading Bailey and Love’s Surgery book PDF
The 27th edition of Bailey and Love’s Surgery is an essential resource for anyone involved in the care of surgical patients. The book provides a comprehensive overview of surgical principles and techniques and is an excellent reference for both medical students and experienced surgeons.